- St. Paul
- Zip code
- United States
The Metropolitan Council is the regional planning agency serving the Twin Cities seven-county metropolitan area and providing essential services to the region. The Council works with local communities to provide these critical services:
- operates the region's largest bus system
- collects and treats wastewater
- engages communities and the public in planning for future growth
- provides forecasts of the region's population and household growth
- provides affordable housing opportunities for low- and moderate-income individuals and families
- provides planning, acquisitions and funding for a regional system of parks and trails
- provides a framework for decisions and implementation for regional systems including aviation, transportation, parks and open space, water quality and water management.
People at the Council
The strength of our organization is our people, people who drive our buses, operate our wastewater facilities, manage housing programs, oversee the regional park system and plan for the Twin Cities area's growth.
We employ nearly 3,700 people.
Our largest division, Metro Transit, has about 2,700 employees.
Environmental Services, which provides wastewater services, employs 680 people.
Other units including Community Development, Metro Transportation Services and administrative support departments employ about 300 people.
Council employees like working here.
Our organization has very low turnover.
Our employees stay with us an average of 10 years.
We maintain an employee-friendly environment that includes workplace wellness and employee recognition programs.
We value and respect diversity.
Drug-Free Work Place
We are committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. If you are offered a position with the Council, you will need to successfully complete a pre-employment background check, a drug test for all positions and a physical examination for certain positions.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee.
Reasonable Accommodation to Persons with Disabilities
On request, we will provide you with application materials in alternative formats. Please refer to the Job Posting for contact information. People with a hearing impairment can call (TTY) 651-291-0904.
Jobs with Metropolitan Council
This employer is not currently advertising. Why not try our job search or use the jobs by email facility above.