2722 Park Ave
About Ebenezer Society
Ebenezer, which means "stone of help," was founded in 1917 by Minnesota Lutherans who were concerned about caring for homeless older adults. For 100 years, Ebenezer has provided compassionate, community-centered care for older adults and others in need. Programs and services include a variety of housing options-including condominiums, cooperatives, independent senior apartments, assisted living and memory care, and transition and long-term care-adult and intergenerational programs, community-based services, management and consulting services, and the Ebenezer Foundation.
Part of Fairview Health Services since 1995, our combined resources and expertise offer access to a full range of choices for vibrant senior living. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, we are also part of an academic health system striving to enhance the clinical enterprise, achieve nation-leading research and academic prominence.
Continuous growth and innovation have been important ingredients to Ebenezer’s success. Some examples include:
• In 1967, Ebenezer was a key founding member of the long-term care trade association now known as the Minnesota Health and Housing Alliance (MHHA).
• In 1978, 7500 York Cooperative opened as the first privately sponsored senior housing cooperative in the nation.
• In 1985, Ebenezer was a co-developer with Group Health (now HealthPartners) to establish a Senior HMO called Seniors Plus, one of only six nationwide.
• In 1985, Ebenezer developed the first sub-acute and transitional skilled nursing facility in Minnesota, called the Caroline Center.
• In 2006, Deer Crest opened in Red Wing; our first site to have sensor technology in every apartment.
• In 2007, Loren Studio and Fine Arts Program won the 2007 Minnesota Health and Housing Alliance (MHHA) “Excellence in Practice” award (MHHA is now known as Aging Services of Minnesota).
• In 2009, the Ebenezer Ridges Campus received the Shared Site Award from Generations United. The national award honored an organization that has made outstanding contributions to uniting the generations through intergenerational shared sites.
1 job with Ebenezer Society
Join 100 Years of Passion. Now hiring Nurses and CNAs. Apply today.