Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Buffalo Hospital, located on the western edge of the Twin Cities metro area in Buffalo, Minn., has twice been named as the Best Minnesota Hospital Workplace. Buffalo Hospital has more than 400 employees, 180 physicians, and 34 staffed beds. It is a state-of-the-art facility with expanded or new facilities for emergency, urgent care, diagnostic imaging, surgery and outpatient center, cardiac center, sleep center and rehabilitation. The care team is noted for its passion in providing personalized, patient-centered care for nearly 66,000 inpatients and outpatients each year.
Responsible for seeing that all assigned preventive maintenance activities are completed in a satisfactory way, per preventive maintenance schedule on:
- HVAC systems
- Boiler operation
- Electric motors and their controls
- Circulating pumps and their controls
- Electrical systems
- Building automation systems
Perform general repairs to building
Help with grounds keeping if needed (lawn mowing, snow removal, etc.). Help with courier service if needed. Other duties as designated by the Manager or Supervisor of Engineering.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- 18 months vocational training and at least 2-4 years related building maintenance experience
- Health care experience preferred
- Experience working with HVAC systems, low and high pressure boilers, building automation systems, pluming, electrical motors, etc.
- Demonstrates excellent customer relation skills, and problem solving skills with all concerns and issues that may arise
- Technical skills related to position (able to use basic tools and equipment)
- Minimum Class 2B Boilers license
- UST certification within 6 months of hire
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full Time Position (40 Hours/Week)
- Day/Evening Shift
- Every 3rd Weekend
- Work Schedule: 2:00-10:30pm
- L70 Contract
Located 35 minutes from Minneapolis or St. Cloud, the city of Buffalo lies at the intersection of two major highways and on two major recreational lakes, Buffalo Lake and Lake Pulaski. Quality education is very important to Buffalo residents, and it's one of the reasons many young parents are attracted to the Buffalo area. During the past 15 years, Buffalo has experienced enormous growth and development. This community offers both residents and guests a perfect mixture of modern conveniences and small town life. Although much has changed, Buffalo has retained its quaint feel and charm of the past
- Located 35 miles Northwest of Minneapolis
- Population = 15,000
- Service Area = 123,500
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA