Business Objects Report Developer
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Business Objects Reports Developer will design, develop, and maintain reports and universes in the data warehouse environmnet using Business Objects. The report developer will also collaborate with multiple departments to develop reports that meet their needs. They will also assist by mentoring IS staff with training and assistance in report development . Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with business owners to assist in development of BusinessObject reports. Tasks including requirement gathering, development, testing and maintenance.
- Work closely with ETL developers to design, develop, test, maintain, and support the data architecture to ensure optimal performance and reporting flexibility while maintaing data warehouse quality standards.
- Work with business experts to design universes that meet the needs of the business and creates quality and consistancy of reporting across multiple areas.
- Aquire and maintain expertise in UCare data elements and how they relate to UCare product lines.
- Work with UCare Analysts to create reporting universes in Business Objects. Provide mentoring, guidance and training on how to most effectively use the Business Objects reporting and analysis tools.
A BA/BS in business, technology, or related field is required. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. A minimum of 3 years experience in Business Objects suite of products with emphasis on Report Development and Universe Design is required. This position also requires experience working with business experts to evaluate complex data requirements. Experience working in the healthcare industry is preferred.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.