Extract, Transfer Load
This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The ETL Developer will design and develop the ETL process using by Business Objects Data Services to build, maintain, and customize UCare’s Enterprise Data Warehouse. Assist the Health Care Economics team with ETL related tasks. Produce ETL design guidelines, standards and procedures to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure across the enterprise.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for Enterprise Data Warehouse and other enterprise development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Build and maintain processes to populate the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Build and maintain processes to populate structures optimized for reporting (de-normalized and/or pre-aggregated structures).
- Collaborate and assist the reporting and Health Care Economics teams with ETL related tasks as they develop reports.
- Determine and document effective performance monitoring procedures for ETL processes.
- Produce ETL design guidelines, standards and procedures to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure across the enterprise.
- Maintain the ETL metadata repository in a multi-user environment.
- Provide analysis and design reviews with other development teams to avoid duplication of efforts and inefficiency in solving the same application problem with different solutions.
- Create, modify, or update data flows from the Source Systems to Staging and from Staging to the Data warehouse.
- Perform analysis, design, development, testing, documentation and implementation of Business Objects software components.
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified Business Intelligence systems, applications, and programs.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with Business Object solutions.
- Design and deliver end-user training, provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science is preferred. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. A minimum of three years ETL work experience. Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling is required. Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as Oracle and MS SQL Server is also required. Experience with database design applications is necessary. This position also requires experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
Expertise in Business Objects tools, such as Universe Designer, Data Services, and Web Intelligence is a plus. Full project management and development life cycle experience is preferred. Technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems is a plus.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.