BizTalk Developer Lead
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The BizTalk Developer Lead is responsible to utilize established programming standards and policies to perform and/or oversee project management, systems analysis, application/software design, development, testing and implementation, including: Microsoft BizTalk 2010, SSIS, SQL Server, and SSRS.
- Collaborate with Program Lead, Application Development Manager, UCare staff, and third-party contacts to create, implement, and test programs, program interfaces, and database(s) between UCare and other agencies and/or trading partners, and to manage projects.
- Follow established programming standards and policies, perform and/or oversee systems analysis and recommendation, computer program/system design, development, coding, maintenance, testing and implementation, including database(s).
- Collaborate with Program Lead and/or Application Portfolio Manager to coordinate and implement user test plans and new software implementation including; packaged systems upgrades, extensions to packaged systems, third party software and internally developed programs and reports.
- Write, translate, and code software and application programs according to specifications. Write scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications when necessary.
- Support Claims EDI transactions using BizTalk. This includes 837, 835, 277ca, etc.
- Collaborate with software vendor(s), System Specialists, and outside government agencies to resolve system and application programming related issues.
- SQL Server 2010 development and support with background in Biztalk development.
- Provide production support for SQL Server database applications using SSIS. Develop reports using SSRS.
- Collaborate with other IS staff in conceptualizing and development of new and existing software programs and applications
- Assist in the definition, development and documentation of software functional requirements, deliverables, and specifications based on project requests.
- Recommend, schedule, and assist operations with software improvements and upgrades.
A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science is preferred. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Five years of progressively complex development and platform integration experience in an Information Systems environment is required, preferably in HealthCare. Four years development experience in Microsoft SQL Server including stored procedures, SSIS and SSRS packages, Ajax, client server systems including knowledge of n-tier systems and Windows based Personal Computers is also required. This position requires development experience using application integration/middleware tools and ESB, BizTalk Development with SSIS experience and experience upgrading BizTalk to newest versions of the software. Experience with .net, Visual Studio, and Microsoft development tool set is also necessary. HealthCare experience with vendor and in-house developed software and business rules and Transaction monitoring (BAM) is preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required for this role include:
- Excellent knowledge of Orchestration, Message translation, message buss, adapters, message transformation and parsing.
- Excellent development knowledge using
- Solid understanding of Team Foundation Server for version control.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.