Our client currently has an opportunity for a software developer to work in conjunction with their team of technology professionals to provide or improve their services. This is a new position, and we're looking for a strong, dedicated software developer who understands the SDLC. The person must be skilled in .Net technologies along with SQL 2005 or SQL 2008. The candidate should be able to perform database queries using LINQ.
“HOW WILL I BE CHALLENGED?”
• Design, develop, implement and troubleshoot ASP.NET based applications
• Design, develop and implement troubleshoot software code or other applications.
• Creating the database and database objects such as the tables, table space, synonyms, views, triggers, stored procedures, defaults, domains, and indexes
• Create SQL tables and parameterized stored procedures
• Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
• Analyze results and work cross-functionally to generate actionable recommendations
The principal function of a Software Developer is to apply their knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems to write a computer program to perform various tasks in accordance with the specifications and time frame agreed upon with the client and manager. The developer must be able to work in a timeline-driven environment with the opportunity for performance-based evaluations and bonuses.
• Establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with internal clients;
• Clarifying precisely what actions the program is intended to perform;
• Breaking down program specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language;
• Devising possible solutions to predicted problems, evaluating other options;
• Working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program;
• Combining all elements of the program design and testing it;
• Testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended;
• Reacting to problems and correcting the program as necessary;
• Installing the program and conducting final testing;
• Evaluating the program's effectiveness;
• Increasing program operating efficiency and adapting to new requirements, as necessary;
• Conducting user acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately;
• Recreating steps taken by the user to locate sources of problems;
• Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators;
• Consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge
“HOW CAN I BE CONSIDERED?”
• Balanced expertise in SQL (methods and application), relevant supporting technology, and business acumen
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
• Exceptional oral, written and formal presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to generate innovative insights from rigorous analysis
• Experience managing projects, including ability to provide direction to others and successfully generate results
• Experience working cross-functionally, managing others through influence