Development Specialist - Philanthropy
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
This position is responsible for entering gifts on behalf of the Allina Health System's philanthropic entities, generating acknowledgment letters for donors, and maintaining data in Allina's Raiser's Edge database. This entails the following:
- Timely, accurate batch entry of gifts from Allina Health System's philanthropic entities into the donor database (Raiser's Edge).
- Using knowledge of database procedures, IRS regulations, and gift coding and reporting, work with colleagues to secure complete and accurate gift information.
- Produce batch documentation for financial reconciling and audit purposes.
- Add, update, and correct constituent and gift records against gift documentation, returned mail, and other sources per department's detailed procedures.
- Involves taking initiative, asking questions, seeking clarification, and following up.
- Export data files, merge documents, proofread, and send gift acknowledgement letter files to development offices as part of daily gift processing.
- Run daily reports to reconcile data entry against gift documentation.
- Complete data projects as assigned.
- Respond to inquiries from colleagues in a timely and professional manner.
- College degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Requires working knowledge of relational databases, Excel and Word merges.
- Minimum two years office experience with word processing, spread sheets and databases.
- Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
- This position requires an individual who is highly detail oriented who can learn and comprehend a complex database with highly detailed policies and procedures.
- Requires a high degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis, ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to take responsibility, to work well as a team member and to work independently.
- Ability to understand and follow directions and complex policies and procedures.
- Ability to securely handle confidential data.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- 40 hours per week
- Day shift, Mondy - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Non Contract
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA