New Market Development Principal
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The New Market Development Manager is responsible for analyzing and managing business and product opportunities associated with emerging Minnesota health insurance trends and reforms, including the health insurance exchange. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Broad understanding and experience with Minnesota's individual and small group commercial insurance market. Maintain competitive product and pricing information for individual market products. Use insight, internal stakeholder expertise, and market intelligence to inform UCare product designs and business development opportunities.
- Develop, review and refine potential health insurance exchange products and pricing in collaboration with Health Care Economics and other critical stakeholders.
- Lead research, analysis, and preparation of required business cases and business plans for new markets to drive informed decision-making at multiple levels within the organization.
- Ensure regulatory compliance requirements are met during development based on emerging guidance on Exchange regulation in collaboration with Governement Relations and Compliance.
- Determine member preferences and needs resulting in defining consumer-focused exchange products and securing a competitive position. Work collaboratively with Marketing and Sales to drive key consumer messages in marketing and sales strategy.
- Stay current on evolving business issues, opportunities, trends and risks through industry contacts, trade associations, related publications and market research. Monitor both state and national activity. Participate in industry and government sponsored work groups representing UCare.
- Provide support for the Health Reform Insurance Committee (HRISC) subgroup on Exchanges.
- Monitor and explore opportunities related to marketplace reforms and trends outside of public exchange which could leverage public program experience and development of potential exchange products.
A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, health care /public administration, project management or related field.
Required experience includes: Three or more years in a health plan with accountability for product performance in the individual commercial market. Must have proven ability to work in a matrix environment and possess the ability to lead cross-functional teams. Experience with new product development and product launches. Working knowledge of health plan functions including: provider networks, operations, marketing/sales, compliance, information systems, data analysis and health management functions. Preferred experience includes: Product management or business development experience in the health plan industry. Business development and/or product design experience in a matrix environment. Working knowledge of state and federal health care programs preferred.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.