Delegated Business Manager
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Delegated Business Manager is responsible for oversight and management of the business relationships and delegated functions that are contracted through external entities (as assigned). Responsibilities include vendor management and communications, program oversight and performance tracking. The position provides leadership and representation for internal and external delegated business activities or initiatives, oversees operational interfaces, facilitates cross-department initiatives, supports development and planning initiatives, issue resolution, process improvement and development of policies and procedures. Works in collaboration with peers across departments and serves as the delegated business representative to UCare Product Teams. Current delegated functions include benefit management and administration for dental and chiropractic services as well as mobile dental clinic operations and support. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide oversight of all contracts for dental and chiropractic services and the Mobile Dental Clinic. Ensure contract requirements are met. Assess and revise contracts as needed. Monitor all performance measures. Act as internal/external liaison for internal stakeholders, e.g. Compliance, Customer Services, Product, etc. Ensure network access.
- Support UCare departments in evaluating and processing complaints, appeals and grievances.
- Serve as a liaison for delegate understanding of the UCare complaints, appeals and grievances processes.
- Ensure State/Federal and Internal Reporting Requirements are met by the delegates. Ensure internal validation of reports.
- Work with Delegates to implement annual benefit changes. Participate on annual benefits implementation workgroup. Communicate legislatively mandated and strategy benefit changes. Monitor implementation and testing of benefit changes.
- Participate on Product Teams, County Partnership Team, Delegation Oversight Committee, and other groups as assigned.
- Manage Mobile Dental Clinic including work with the UM School of Dentistry outreach program. Work with counties to promote and deliver dental services on the MDC. Respond to operational issues as needed.
A Bachelor's degree in health care management, business administration, or related field is preferred. Comparable experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Five or more years experience working in the managed care industry, with managerial responsibility for program, product, business or account management is required. Must have proven ability to work in a matrix environment and possess the ability to lead cross-functional teams or efforts. Working knowledge of health plan functions including: operations, marketing/sales, compliance, information systems, data analysis and clinical is also required. Knowledge of state, federal and dental health care programs is preferred. Three to five years of experience at a professional or management level is desired. Previous experience with program development, provider relations, or business management is also preferred.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.