Business Analyst / Report Writer
This job has now expired
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
Data Acquisiton and Management:
- Develop and run queries from core source data systems for clinical, operational, and management reporting using standard query tools.
- Develop patient registries to improve patient care on targeted patient populations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with basic software and analytical tools needed to perform assigned work.
- Utilize knowledge of data sets to gather data needed for reports to meet project goals.
- Document and track data specifications. Identify and interface with internal and external individuals and groups to manage data definitions, collection, analysis, and transfer.
- Adhere to law and institutional policy related to data privacy.
- Learn and utilize report-writing skills in Business Objects for electronic medical record data and other internal databases.
Data Analysis and Presentation:
- Provide data analysis support for large size projects including the design, project management, and documentation including final report preparation and presentation.
- Gather data from internal and external sources to establish benchmarks.
- Design actionable data reports and displays (tabular, graphic, and other formats) for various internal and external audiences that quickly and effectively direct further improvement efforts.
- Assure data integrity through use of appropriate principles, standards, and techniques for measurement, analysis and reporting of all performance data.
- Serve as a central resource to individual sites on data analysis needs and consultation.
- Present quantitative data in an insightful manner to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Bachelors degree in statistics, measurement, or related field preferred
- Min of 4-5 years experience in health care and data analysis / reporting required.
- Demonstrated skills in conducting analytical work described in position purpose.
- Knowledge of database creation and managment is required.
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, or other database programs in required.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem analysis skills - The ability to take articulated needs or problems expressed by clinicians or other health care leaders and provide a creative and efficient solution to their measurement issues.
- Project methodology and management - Strong project management skills are required to manage initiatives from initiation until they are either resolved or maintained within the system.
- Ability to review and understand business operational issues and processes in order to recommend process improvements.
- Development of clinical or service content expertise in a given area, ex. cardiovascular content knowledge. Each analyst is expected to develop and maintain content knowledge for a core area and serve as the measurement resource for that service area. The analyst is expected to know all Allina data sources relevant to that content area.
- Data analysis and assessment; including both qualitative and quantitative data. Development of statistical and analytical skills is a requirement for the success of this position.
- Ability to work with a variety of software and analytical tools to assist in developing measures / outcomes as needed for assignments.
- Knowledge of multiple software tools, SQL programming to create reports, and skills for creation of data displays is a requirement.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills so as to be able to work with all levels of management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. The ability to translate complex data and results into meaningful conclusions for Allina's senior leadership.
- Ability to assess data and issues in order to know when to raise concerns to Leadership. The ability to articulate the issues and propose potential opportunities for resolution.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- 40 hours per week
- Day shifts
- Non - contract
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA