Senior Data Analyst
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- The Senior Data Analyst is responsible to identifying and quantifying opportunities to support performance improvement under value-based contracts.
- The role requires interaction and collaboration with financial and information managment personnel as well as care delivery and clinical personnel.
- Support value-based contracting with regard to the appropriate level of financial risk and operational / strategic fit within the organization.
- Provide analytics to access current programs and support new program development which support balue-based contracts and organizational affordability goals.
- Identify data requirements.
- Work with internal and external data custodians to retrieve data.
- Organize data to facilitate analysis.
- PMPM price and utilization metrics.
- Revenue and expense sensitivity models.
- Model various approaches to redistribution of incentives.
- Extrapolates quantitative findings from pilot studies.
- Identify and analyze potential opportunities for care efficiency improvement including alignment of traditional fee for service contracts and pay for performance contacts.
- Access current performance verses trend.
- Population profiles.
- Ability to translate information and present in a format that facilitates decision making.
- Represents Value Analytics on various cross-functional teams such as: Performance Improvement, Quality Improvement, Clinical Operations, Hospital Operations, and Service Line Operations.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Health Cervices Management, Biology, Chemistry or related field demonstrating quantitative and analytic skills.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of significant analysis experience, preferably in a large health care system or health insurance company.
- Computer Software:: Microsoft SQL (intermediate of above), Microsoft Office, QlikView, Web Intelligence.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time (40 hours per week).
- Day shift.
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA