Sr. Engineer, Mobile
Senior Mobile Engineer
This position will provide software development support for our client's Brand Web, Mobile Web and Mobile App Environments. This position will assist with training existing resources on mobile technologies and evolve platforms to support our client's Ambition 2015 Strategy.
“HOW WILL I BE CHALLENGED?”
• Assists management in formulating strategy.
• Innovatively applies knowledge to solve complex business problems, simplify business processes, or add value to the current state.
• Develops and maintains a trusted partner relationship with customer groups.
• Provides application support and enhancements to existing applications.
• Defines system requirements, priorities, and viable alternatives.
• Coordinates the efforts of staff to locate, assess, install, test, and maintain computer software systems.
• Coordinates conversions and upgrades to vendor systems.
• Provides technical direction and supervision to analyst staff in the development and implementation of systems or in problem solving.
• Performs analysis and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency.
• Performs a variety of complex programming tasks, such as designing, documenting, and coding program logic.
• Provides estimates of work effort for client projects.
• Monitors ticket queue to work on new tickets.
• Coordinates with allied departments for ticket resolution as needed.
• Provides communication to customer groups and other interested parties for emergency tickets.
• Provide on-call support (within a rotation) for production.
• Works with DBA team for production moves.
• Works to reduce emergency changes outside of normal change window.
• Works on new methods for reducing or eliminating manual processes in IT or allied work groups.
• Work with other areas of IT to fulfill file transfer and scheduling requests.
• May lead and coordinate project teams consisting of management, users, IT staff, and vendors, under limited supervision.
“HOW CAN I BE CONSIDERED?”
• Bachelor's Degree with business or technology emphasis, or equivalent education/experience.
• Minimum 7 years of experience developing software applications
• Minimum 4 years of experience with Java J2EE and related frameworks
• Minimum 1 year experience building mobile applications (Android, iOS)
• Knowledge of Objective-C, Xcode, and Android SDK 2.1 important
• Experience with Spring, Tiles, Hibernate, AJAX, JQuery a plus
• Knowledge of Google Maps API,
• Excellent communication and project management skills