Health Improvement Health Coach
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Health Coach provides ongoing health coaching, management and education of members with complex care needs. This position also assists in efforts to improve HEDIS rates and the CMS Stars initiative. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide telephonic health coaching and management to members with complex care needs.
- Perform outreach calls to members for assessment of disease state and program engagement.
- Assist in the development of Disease Management (DM) educational materials that assist members in improving their health.
- Develop and implement strategies to reach and maintain DM program goals and improve HEDIS rates/CMS Star Ratings.
- Develop systems to track DM eligible and DM enrolled members. Prepare routine enrollment reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of measurement systems that evaluate DM program outcomes and processes. Maintain and prepare data reports that evaluate program goals.
- Implement health coaching for members of various economic and cultural groups.
- Serve as ongoing resource to staff, providers and members enrolled in UCare administered DM programs. Provide ongoing education and information about DM programs as requested.
A Registered Nurse (BSN preferred) with current RN license in Minnesota is required. A minimum of two years experience in disease management or chronic disease care and experience working with individuals with chronic disease that fosters self-management is required. We prefer candidates with experience in the following areas: Managed care experience with a focus on health coaching individuals with co-morbid conditions; Experience working with multi-cultural and variable socioeconomic populations highly desired.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.