This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
This position is responsible for the data architect in Enterprise Data Architecture, Data Warehousing and Data Governance principles. The Architect will work with business subject matter experts and IS groups to document data attributes and requirements and ensure the appropriate controls and verifications are in place for good data integrity. Core skills include database architecture, data modeling (relational, dimensional, and hierarchical). Specific duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop and maintain an Enterprise Data Model (EDM) to serve as both the strategic and tactical planning vehicles to manage the enterprise data warehouse. This effort involves working closely with the business.
- Collaborate with IS teams to ensure quality and compliance to the Enterprise Data Architecture by participating in data analysis/design activities and conducting appropriate technical data design reviews at various stages during the development life cycle. This includes providing data modeling expertise with both relational and dimensional modeling techniques.
- Collaborate with the warehouse team and the Health Care Economics department in designing Data Marts.
- Emphasize methodology, modeling, and governance: Define the IT design methodology, development process methodology and best practices.
- Guide, educate, and mentor the Data Architecture Strategy directives, principles, & standards to individuals who play data-related roles (e.g. data analysts, ETL developers, report developers & business analysts).
- Establish and maintain data standards, policies and architectures.
- Provide direction, guidance, and oversight for data quality controls.
- Identify opportunities for standardizing data descriptions, integration and archiving, and elimination of unnecessary redundancy.
- Capture and maintain metadata, creating business rules for the use of data.
A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science is preferred. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Six years experience as a Data Architect or Data Modeler with a strong data-centric background and experience designing and implementing Data Architectures, Data Modeling, and Data Analysis and Profiling is required. Four years of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence and experience with relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices, Data Governance, Data Quality Management, Metadata Management, and Conceptual and Logical Data Design is also required. Project management and development life cycle experience is preferred.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.