Development & Communications Director
Channel One Food Bank and Food Shelf, whose mission is "to help feed people in need", seeks a Development & Communications Director to manage all components of its Development / Fundraising Department. This includes developing, organizing, promoting, implementing, evaluating, and expanding all charitable giving and philanthropic support for Channel One Food Bank and Food Shelf and for managing all components of the agency’s fundraising plans, including, but not limited to: annual giving, direct mail, sponsorships, planned giving, major individual and corporate gifts, and special events.
This position is also responsible for the design, development, and implementation of the communications and public relations program, including newsletter, web site, and promotional materials for building awareness of Channel One’s mission, programs, and achievements throughout its 14-county region.
The Development & Communications Director supervises the Major Gifts Officer and the Development Associate/Volunteer Recruiter.
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 3 years fundraising experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Strong leadership, interpersonal/relationship-building skills
- Experience in cultivating, soliciting and stewardship of donors
- Demonstrated track record of securing gifts from individuals, corporations, and institutions
- Excellent verbal, public speaking, presentation, and written communication skills
- Windows/MS Office, Quark Xpress, Dreamweaver, donor management
- Well-disciplined self-starter, able to manage multiple projects and achieve goals
- Volunteer management and/or supervisory experience helpful
- Nonprofit human service experience preferred
Send letter and resume by clicking Apply now or apply on-line at www.helpingfeedpeople.org.
Channel One Food Bank and Food Shelf
131 35th St. SE, Rochester, MN 55904