This job is no longer available
Insurance Sales Agent / Insurance Sales Representative
Founded in 1928, Farmers ® is the country’s third-largest home and auto carrier as well as the top specialty product carrier in the U.S. We have been recognized as the #1 Corporate Training Program by Corporate Exchange USA & Training Magazine. You will have access to the training and support of a business partner with over 80 years of experience! Additionally, we were recently named “The Celent Model Insurer of the Year” as the company that best delivers outstanding results through the implementation of technology to solve insurance business challenges. Farmers is a progressive and forward thinking company!
Our culture reflects our dedication to service in the community. We not only encourage community service at the local level, but Farmers is also a top national sponsor of the “March for Babies”, March of Dimes event. Each year, the Farmers Family declares one day as “Be a Hero for Babies Day” SM to raise funds and awareness for the March of Dimes and its mission.
Our co-founder John C. Tyler once said, “The measure of our worth is not what we have done for ourselves, but what we have done for others.” At Farmers, our core values include integrity, commitment to community service, and serving our customers by providing exceptional customer service and information about products they may need. We help people from all walks of life get into business for themselves, but not by themselves. Join an industry leader! Farmers – Committed to Excellence, Pride in Customer Service and providing “The Best Small Business Opportunity in America.”
Whether you are exploring entry level sales and marketing opportunities or you’re a seasoned customer service representative, if you are committed to excellence and have an entrepreneurial spirit, then Farmers is the place for you! As an Insurance Sales Representative, you will have uncapped earning potential and access to the top rated corporate training available in the U.S. while putting to use your sales, marketing and customer service background.
As an Insurance Sales Representative, you will build your own business. You will do so by calling on prospective clients and generating new sales leads while also managing new and existing customer accounts. However, in this career, you will also have the opportunity to participate in several other exciting business activities including:
- Utilizing Farmers Marketing Systems, or those you may develop, to reach potential customers for our Insurance and Financial Services products
- Providing excellent customer service to policyholders
- Attending networking & sales events, trade shows & community events
- Educating and assisting customers
- Creating your own daily schedule, emailing and corresponding with customers
- Obtaining insurance licenses(s) and staying aware of evolving industry and product changes
The qualified Insurance Sales Representative candidate will have at least a high school diploma, although a college degree is preferred. The ideal Insurance Sales Representative will also have:
- Sales and/or customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a fearless and positive attitude
- Self-motivation and goal-orientation
- Strong organizational, time management and follow-through skills
- Desire to continually learn new products and services
- Desire to be active in the community
- Basic computer skills
- Good credit history – no chapter 11 or 13 bankruptcies within the last 12 months. No chapter 7 bankruptcies within the last 3 years
- A favorable criminal record – no Felonies
What We Offer
We understand that excellent agents need excellent rewards, and acting as an Insurance Sales Representative can be challenging, so we offer a group benefits package that includes:
- Outstanding, uncapped earning potential
- Career/Life Balance. Building your own business.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance plans available
- Retirement plan options
- Career in a secure industry
- Stability with a sound Company & Industry
- Training and support of a family oriented business partner with over 80 years of experience
- A top rated Training Program addressing in all facets of the business – sales, products, marketing and customer service
- Financial support program in the first three years as you build your business
- Bonuses, Awards/Recognition, Trips
Control your own destiny. Go into business for yourself, but not by yourself. Work with an organization that is committed to serving the community and being there when it counts.
– It’s all here for you at Farmers ! Committed to Excellence – Pride in Customer Service – “The Best Small Business Opportunity in America!” Apply Today!