ABOUT PHSSince 1955 Presbyterian Homes has been providing the best in housing, care and services for older adults. As an integral part of service, we are guided by: Our MissionThe mission of Presbyterian Homes & Services is to enrich the lives of older adults through services and communities that reflect the love of God. Our ValuesCompassionChristian MinistryGrowth & InnovationPeopleStewardshipService Presbyterian Homes & Services new community, Founders Ridge in Bloomington, is seeking Cooks to join its Nutrition & Culinary team. Founders Ridge will be opening June 2012 with anticipated staff start dates of early May. Current opportunities include full and part time positions for day and evening shifts. These positions include working every other weekend and scheduled holidays. Consider joining our dedicated team of professionals in providing compassionate and high quality care and services to our residents within a caring Christian environment.EOE Responsibilities: The Cook/Chef is responsible for creating high quality meals and dining experience for customers by preparing and serving attractive, nutritious and palatable meals consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices. Qualifications:
- Must possess a high school or equivalent education.
- Cook: One (1) year cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting.
- Chef: Two (2) years cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting or completed culinary training/certification or vocational training/certification in commercial food preparation.
- Knowledge of state and federal food-handling regulations (Serve Safe Certification). Must possess knowledge of food service operations.
- Demonstrated compatibility PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.