Nutrition & Culinary Services Assistant Director
Since 1955 Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS) has been providing the best in housing, care and services for older adults. As an integral part of service, we are guided by:
The mission of Presbyterian Homes & Services is to enrich the lives of older adults through services and communities that reflect the love of God.
Growth & Innovation
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington is seeking a Nutrition & Culinary Services Assistant Director for its team. The Nutrition & Culinary team serves residents within a full continuum campus community. This position is primarily Monday - Friday, and will also provide support coverage for supervisors.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The Nutrition & Culinary Services Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Director in planning, organizing, developing, evaluating and effectively directing the Nutrition & Culinary Services staff and program in order to ensure the delivery of high quality customer meals and dining services consistent with regulations and established best practices.
The Nutrition & Culinary Services Assistant Director has responsibility as a member of the site leadership team to assist in the planning and implementation of strategies and programming that assure high quality customer meals while achieving short and long-term operational goals and objectives for the site.Qualifications:
- Current Certified Dietary Manager Credentials or graduate of an accredited course or 3 years supervisory food service experience. Current Food Safety Certification.
- Three years experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting. Experience in special event planning.
- Demonstrated competencies in food service management and operations, quality management, staff development, cooking, and clinical nutrition for the elderly.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, coworkers, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.