Westfields Hospital Employees Only_Cook/Chef
Since 1955 Presbyterian Homes has been providing the best in housing, care and services for older adults. As an integral part of service, we are guided by:
The mission of Presbyterian Homes & Services is to enrich the lives of older adults through services and communities that reflect the love of God.
Growth & Innovation
Presbyterian Homes & Services is partnering with Westfields Hospital to transition the Nutrition & Culinary department to The Deerfield (PHS).
At the present time we are only transitioning current Westfields culinary employees to employment with
The Deerfield (PHS).
We are not currently hiring additional external employees. Your application will be maintained on file for one year and we invite you to keep visiting our website to watch for positions that may be of interest to you in the future.
The Cook/Chef is responsible for creating high quality meals and dining experience for customers by preparing and serving attractive, nutritious and palatable meals consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures and best practices.
- Must possess a high school or equivalent education.
- Cook: One (1) year cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting.
- Chef: Two (2) years cooking experience in a restaurant, health care or senior services setting or completed culinary training/certification or vocational training/certification in commercial food preparation.
- Knowledge of state and federal food-handling regulations (Serve Safe Certification). Must possess knowledge of food service operations.
- Demonstrated compatibility PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.