Care Management Team Supervisor
This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Care Management Team Supervisor oversees daily operations at the team level, and refers department issues to the Care Management Manager. One of the primary responsibilities of this position includes participation in the hiring and direct supervision of care management staff for assigned product(s). The team supervisor works closely with the CLS Operations Manager to coordinate new employee orientation and evaluate care management staff development needs. The team supervisor is responsible for mentoring, coaching, and evaluating individual staff performance. In addition, the team supervisor participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of care management activities to ensure quality services and compliance with contractual requirements. The team supervisor may be assigned a member caseload at the discretion of the Care Management Manager. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversees assigned product team in the performance of care management activities including identification of members needing care management services, timely performance of care management assessments, development and implementation of care plans, and evaluation of member care outcomes.
- Assigns members to care managers based on staff caseload size, member needs, and staff competency. Ensures members are assigned per protocol for assigned product(s), timely member assessments, and equal distribution of care manager workload.
- Monitors delivery of care management services. Ensures care management records meet contractual requirements. Activities include: Regularly reviews and evaluates care management staff documentation of assessments, care plans, and care coordination activities, audits member records, monitors staff productivity, identifies system barriers and possible solutions.
- Provides training, supervision, and staff development to enhance the knowledge and skills of care management staff. Activities include: Trains care management staff on requirements for assigned product(s) and corresponding care management processes, establishes regularly scheduled one to one staff supervision at a minimum frequency of monthly to review and evaluate appropriateness of case management services and case management activities, establishes regularly scheduled team meetings, assists with problem solving complex member care issues, conducts supervisory oversight of staff/member interactions at least quarterly. This may be via home visit or telephonic member interaction, depending on assigned product(s), reports quality issues to manager, monitors problems on the team and ensures confidentiality of all member data, giving input and suggestions for improvement to the manager.
- Serves as a positive role model for the team.
- Participates in implementing UCare strategy for care management in new markets and new products.
- Participates in administrative meetings as assigned by the Care Management Manager.
- Provides direct care management services to members based on current department caseload and the organization's business needs. Care Manager duties and responsibilities are described in the care manager position description.
- Ensures Transition of Care case management activities occur per the product care model and requirements.
- Performs operational duties related to specific products as assigned.
A B.S.in nursing or BA in social work or related field is required. RN diploma or Associate RN degree plus case management certification may be considered. Current Minnesota license as an RN or licensed social worker is required. Required licensure is dependent upon contractual obligations that are determined by assigned product(s).
A minimum of three year’s experience in care coordination/case management across the continuum of health care (hospital, clinic, nursing home, home care) and a minimum of one year of supervisory experience are required. Experience working with multi-cultural and underserved populations is desired.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.