Engineering Technician I
Support engineering activities in the following roles:
1. Perform testing of basic components and systems in accordance with engineering specifications, testing procedures and acceptable industry standards.
2. Utilize Pro-Engineer / Creo software to model and modify existing and new designs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and execute performance testing of products or processes submitted for analysis including the design and development of specialized testing equipment and procedures.
- Proficiency with Pro-Engineer software to create models and detailed drawings of existing and new components. Work from drawings and sketches as they relate to design of individual components and simple assemblies.
- Review technical layouts, notes, and sketches made by others assisting in design assignments checking for design form, fit and function.
- Perform fabrication of prototype parts using model-making equipment.
- Access, apply and interpret bills of material (BOM) documentation to verify test sample components and release configuration.
- Operate test instrumentation and data acquisition systems required for completion of testing in accordance with accepted practice.
- Accurately interpret test data and results and write formal reports covering test conditions, procedures, results, conclusions and recommendations for submission to management.
- Maintain all test records and the accuracy of all test data developed in the Laboratory.
- Cooperate with other groups regarding the application of testing or research results, use of machines, materials or processes.
- Establish and maintain adequate maintenance programs for the operating equipment and supply of materials required for efficient operation of the Laboratory.
- Ensure laboratory equipment is current with respect to calibration.
- Provide regular verbal and written reports summarizing project activity, conditions, procedures, results, conclusions and recommendations to project leaders.
- Participate in design development teams and make recommendations to designs based on test results.
- Maintain engineering laboratory and basic test equipment in a clean, safe working condition.
- Follow defined company safety and housekeeping guidelines at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Associate Degree, Vo-tech Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of Lab or Engineering Technician experience and Pro-Engineering drafting experience or a combination thereof.
- Proficient at Pro-Engineer drafting software (ability to create models and detail drawings).
- Advanced MS Office skills in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Skilled in the operation of test equipment and systems, test data interpretation, developing general conclusions, documenting test results and preparing formal reports of test results, conditions and procedures.
- Basic understanding of plumbing systems and electricity.
- Basic understanding of bill of materials and design change notices.
- Basic design and fabrication of equipment / system operation skills (operate common hand and power tools including drills, saws, cutters, etc.).
- Basic equipment and system trouble shooting, repair and maintenance skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong personal task management and project schedule usage skills.
- Strong team player.
- Knowledge of electric water heaters
- Model making experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
- Position responsibilities require occasional lifting up to 100 pounds and repetitive actions
- Position requires no previous sensitivity to Isocyanate
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Loud Noise (Manufacturing Environment).
- Exposure to caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles and work near moving mechanical parts.