EC&I Maintenance Technician
Hawkins, Inc. is a Minneapolis based publicly traded company and one of the Top 25 Chemical Distributors in the country! We service the fields of energy, electronics, chemical processing, pulp and paper, medical devices, plating, food manufacturers and pharmaceutical concerns across the nation. We are a progressive company supplying chemicals, delivery systems and expertise to improve the environment and assist customers in creating new offerings. The
EC&I Tech will perform facility level maintenance and minimize unplanned downtime of production equipment. Duties range from routine mechanical maintenance to complex electrical troubleshooting. Responsible for calibrating, programming, installing and troubleshooting instrumentation such as temperature, pressure and level transmitters and control valves.
- Responsibly direct maintenance employees (once hired) on a daily basis to ensure that work performed meets compliance, safety, equipment, production and personnel needs.
- Responsibly direct maintenance employees (once hired) on a daily basis by assigning work and tasks to maintain effective workload balances consistent with production and maintenance needs. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Review, manage, and approve shift level headcount staffing and overtime hours.
- Lead the interviewing, selection, and hiring of maintenance technicians to staff the facility according to the defined staffing plan.
- Discipline and discharge maintenance technician staff as necessary in partnership with Human Resources.
- Manage and respond to employee concerns in partnership with Human Resources.
- Operate independently while adhering to all company SOPs and complying with all applicable Federal, State, and Corporate environmental, safety and health regulations.
- Perform and direct the performance of inspection and maintenance in a PSM/RMP regulated facility.
- Perform and direct the performance of repairing, adjusting, troubleshooting, programing and installing PLCs, electronic and electromechanical equipment.
- Ensure that accurate reports and records, including documentation of systems and components, are created and maintained.
- Perform and direct the performance of properly clean up repair area to prevent contamination and product damage.
- Provide feedback for engineers to help modify existing equipment and improve the design of future equipment.
- Respond to trouble calls quickly and make repairs as needed.
- Perform and direct the performance of preventative maintenance orders and maintain preventive maintenance program and spare parts inventory.
- Understand and operate production processes for maintenance purposes.
- Participate as a member of the emergency response team (HAZWOPER 40 Hour certification).
- Ensure that all employees are working in a safe manner & following established SOP’s; retrain, discipline, and discharge employees as necessary to ensure standards are maintained and enforced.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to supervise and manage employees.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) complex and/or technical operations and procedures in terms easily understood by non-technical operators required.
- Valid driver’s license to operate company vehicle when necessary required.
- Ability to achieve and maintain 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification required
- Minimum of 4 years experience working with PLCs including ladder logic programming, specifically A/B and Control Logix.
- Minimum of 4 years experience troubleshooting, repairing and setting parameters on Variable Frequency Drive.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working with 480VAC including control circuits 4-20ma, 0-5V and 0-10V.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working with ladder logic programming and troubleshooting on Allen Bradley PLC's
- Knowledge of current NFPA70E required.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office required.
- Special Engineers License for Boilers required with ability to attain a minimum of 2nd Class C after one year required.
- Demonstrated proficiency reading, understanding, and interpreting P&ID drawings, written instructions, and ladder logic diagrams required.
- Ability to safely operate an industrial fork truck required
- Lock Out/Tag Out experience required.
- Ability to comply with all mandatory Environmental, Health, & Safety and process specific training and participate as a member of the Emergency Response Team in Level A PPE required.
- Ability to adjust to work schedule, including weekends and on-call, to meet business need required.
- Ability to occasionally lift 50-100 lbs.
- Minimum of a 2 year technical degree preferred.
- Previous supervisory and/or management experience preferred.
- Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency safely operating an industrial fork truck preferred.
- Minimum of two plus years of experience in a chemical, processing, or production environment preferred
If you are interested and qualified, please submit a Letter of Interest and Resume