This job is no longer available
Top Career Solutions has teamed with a leading custom electronics manufacturer to hire a Director of Operations. This person will be a key member of the leadership team, in charge of implementing process improvements and developing the strategic direction of manufacturing. Continuous improvement initiatives will be put in place to shorten cycle times, reduce costs, and yield quality improvements. This person will supervise 5+ direct reports on the management level, and 40-50 engineers and supervisors.
- Manage the operations of various departments in the organization.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans short term, as well as strategic plans.
- Assure that the quality of production and purchased products meet or exceed the required standards.
- Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets and inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output and support the organizational goals. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Establish a results-oriented management style that measures and evaluates individual contribution against clearly defined performance goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. Master's degree Preferred.
- 10 years of electronics manufacturing experience, including strong knowledge of several component electronic machines.
- Strong management skills. Experienced managing a team of 5+ direct reports.
- Experience in continuous improvement , lean manufactruing and Six Sigma methodologies is a MUST. Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Ability to think strategically. Strong aptitude for interpretation of statistical data and technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Ability to deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.