This job is no longer available
Primary Objective Of Position:
Responsible for supporting the quality processes of Receiving, Manufacturing, and Shipping. Assists Purchasing/Sales/Engineering in communicating with Vendors/Customers about Non-Conformance issues and/or Quality Procedures
Major Areas Of Accountability: 1. Monitors the quality in shipping, receiving, and manufacturing area's ' Work with engineering to get current print revisions ' Check parts to receiving, work in process, and shipping processes/work instructions ' Work with Purchasing, Vendors, and Customers to correct non-conformances and quality issues. ' Part mark parts and store in proper locations (keep racks organized) ' Input receiving receipts into computer. ' Assist Purchasing to modify/expedite PO's to Vendors ' Generate and/or modify processes/work instructions to support the quality of our equipment ' Calibrate and maintain all equipment used to validate the quality of our product. ' Cross trained in general shipping functions
2. Measurables - Work with Vendors to minimize non-conformances and increase the quality of our product. Status of this goal needs to be reported periodically to management in written format showing progress compared to previous report(s). This will be supported by using reports generated from Vista (company software)
3. Perfect it - Continually work with vendors/co-workers to create better ideas on our product to increase quality. Document these ideas. Use our ECO procedure to incorporate these ideas into the system. Periodically report progress to management using a written format.
4. Knowledge - Must have working knowledge and all necessary training on. Vista- Material Management Module, Production Module, and Sales Module Product Information- All products in depth: Type of application, how they perform, how there built, the cost of the equipment vs. market price. Fork Truck Training- needs to pass test. Competitors' product- General Overview Procedures and processes- Quote to Order, Print Control, Purchasing, inventory, cycle counting, ECR/ECO (engineering change request/engineering change order)
5. Training to be conducted by the Manufacturing Manager Quality Procedures and processes.
6. Cost reduction - 2 cost reduction ideas at a minimum will be required and put into practice through continues improvement. This will be monitored periodically through written Measurables maintained by the Receiving Technician and supported by reports generated using Vista.
7. Communicate verbally and in written form - Progress of Quality functions needed to increase Quality, as well as decrease no charge order shipments to customers.
8. Represent on-site -Travel will be necessary to conduct Vendor Audits and when new vendors are used. It might be necessary to travel to a customer site to support any questions/concerns they might have about the quality and/or performance of our product and how it was manufactured.
9. Knowledge of products - In-depth training is mandatory on all of our products and is needed to clearly work with vendors towards cost reduction goals.
10. Knowledge of company systems and software - Training is Mandatory to understand how Procedures, Processes, and computer software work at and to pass this knowledge on to co-workers.
11. Works with Sales/Engineering when needed to check parts to set parameters and report the results either Verbally or in written format.
12. Apparent or assigned - performs related work as apparent or assigned. Qualifications For Entry: * 2 years college or equivalent * 2 years experience in a warehouse environment * Possess excellent judgment, problem-solving skills. * Ability to effectively use a computer in order to run reports and evaluate data in a written form. * Ability to handle a variety of duties and accomplish assigned tasks either independently or with a team. * Good communication skills, including oral and written.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com.