Strategy & Business Development Consultant
This job has now expired
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
Business Analytics & Strategy Formulation
Lead the assessment of new care continuum partnerships and physician transactions as well as new business development opportunities. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Define and scope new strategic partnerships as well as physician transaction opportunities.
- Research and analysis to support business case development.
- Perform financial analysis activities such as benchmarking, financial projections, ROI to support capital investment in joint ventures, acquisitions, and affiliations.
- Collaboration with stakeholders in developing analytical models to support business plan development.
- Development of key performance indicators and measures.
- Creation of business case deliverables and presentation of findings to Allina executive management and external stakeholders.
Project Management & Execution
Manage the development, planning, and implementation of strategic partnerships and new physician transactions including, but not limited to:
- Proposal development and contract execution
- Meeting coordination and team facilitation
- Work plan development
- Facilitate compliance and risk mitigation activities
- Process support and documentation
- Organization and prioritization of activities
- Issues management and problem resolution
- Tracking and reporting of progress
- Identifying, managing and controlling changes
- Management of stakeholder relationships and communications
- Providing consultation, teamwork, and facilitation to unify stakeholders towards a common goal
- Ensuring ongoing partnership performance and progress.
Customer Satisfaction and Organizational Development
Provide customer relationship management for care continuum partnerships and physician transactions. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Building effective relationships and ensuring the work of partnership formation is integrated with Allina activities and business units
- Participation in decision-making activities with executive management, internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
- Partnering with internal and external resources to implement partnership integration tactics
- Formulating and presenting deliverables to executive management as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Leading others to understand partnership strategies, goals and plans in response to changing business conditions
- Communicating effectively and positively
- Leading and motivating others to achieve outstanding results.
- MBA or MHA required
Related Experience, Skills, Abilities
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a healthcare provider setting, or as a consultant to the healthcare industry.
- Familiarity with hospital, ancillary and clinic care delivery and core business and financial processes.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills and acumen.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and facilitate dialogue among cross-functional participants.
- Significant project management experience.
- Expert in Microsoft-based products such as Power Point, Excel and Word.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- 40 hours per week.
- Day shifts.
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA