Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
The Contract Manager supports the achievement of optimal reimbursement goals as a contributor to strategy and negotiation with Allina's contracted payers.
The role supports negotiations and influences the revenue for Allina Health System, including 4 metro area hospitals, 6 regional hospitals, home care, hospice, DME, transportation, community pharmacy, lab, a 900 physician multispecialty group, over 600 physicians in a variety of specialty groups including cardiology, perinatalogy, emergency and behavioral health.
Provides support for the development of Allina payer relationships and contract strategies
- Participates in the development of strategic plan by researching emerging trends and opportunities as assigned, and presents findings and recommendations to a strategy team
- Identifies and communicates implications of new Allina strategies for assigned payers, considering contract, operational, financial, and relationship factors. Develops payer-specific summaries of key goals, issues, and opportunities as inputs to the strategic and tactical planning process
- Researches strategic opportunities with payers as assigned by department leadership
Develops payer-specific plans that align to divisional goals and strategies
- Customizes a payer plan through analysis of past performance, issues, and opportunities, and development of a payer specific strategy that is aligned with overall department strategic plans for methods, rates, and terms
- The plan includes timelines, deliverables and milestones for activities that span operations, communication, negotiation, revenue analysis, and contract language factors that must align to successfully achieve goals
- Monitors payer-specific milestones, deliverables, and timeline, designing processes and solutions to stay on track
Facilitates the contracting process with assigned payers, and negotiates directly with payer on behalf of Allina positions
- Lead the review and analysis of agreements, including financial and non-financial terms
- Contribute to the design of appropriate terms through expertise in various payment models, including the incentives, risks, and tradeoffs associated with alternatives
- Compare and contrast alternative proposals and estimate ultimate impacts to revenue, risks, and administrative/operations. Recommend best approaches, reasonable counterproposals, and tradeoffs. Prioritize must-have terms in alignment with strategy
- Ensure that throughout negotiation, agreements, proposals and counterproposals are documented and tracked, and that finals terms are aligned to Allina's revenue targets and strategic goals for growth, affordability, patient quality and experience
- Conducted negotiations as appropriate and in collaboration with leadership team
Supports the achievement of revenue and affordability goals through collaboration with the Managers of Finance and Value Analytics.
- Monitors payer specific margins, yields, TCOC and P4P performance, and develops strategies to improve overall payer performance
Supports the implementation and management of contract terms.
- Delivers appropriately summarized payer-specific information, and engaged operational specialists in the appropriate payer discussions, meetings, and information sharing to enable the specialists to manage contract implementation and payments issues
- Engages with operational team to develop workable solutions for improved processes and terms as appropriate
- Reviews quarterly operational issues and progress reports
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in finance, management, economics, organizational development or related field
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in managed care, hospital and/or physician managed care negotiations and contract management preferred
- Ability to work with senior management, clinical and financial directors to achieve results without positional authority
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skill
- Ability to communicated clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Solid critical reasoning and problem solving skills. Strong analytic skills and ability to interpret data and translate results into business impact
- Knowledgeable of financial incentives in healthcare, and ability to grasp new pay-for-performance methods
- Ability to influence others and negotiate win/win scenarios through creative and innovative problem solving
- Ability to work independently, yet coordinate multiple strategies and approaches
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full Time hours (40 hours per week)
- Days shift
- Work schedule: 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA