2 General Manager Positions at 2 Award Winning Hotels in Northwest Minnesota
Holland Hospitality is accepting applications for GENERAL MANAGERS for these hotels in Detroit Lakes, MN:
- Best Western Plus Holland House, Detroit Lakes, MN. 56 rooms & suites, indoor waterslide & pools. Awarded “Best of the Best” for cleanliness & service.
- Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit in Detroit Lakes, MN. 54-room upscale, eco-friendly, lakefront, lifestyle resort/hotel & spa. Currently #1 hotel in MN on Trip Advisor. Awarded the "Sustainable Tourism Award" by the MN Office of Tourism
Qualified applicants are service & sales minded, & possess hands-on leadership style, strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, positive attitude & integrity.
Oversees all aspects of the hotel operations, including guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, team-building, and staff development. Responsible for all phases of hotel management, including revenue management, sales & marketing, human resources, training, food & beverage, & budgeting/forecasting. Empowers team to provide superior customer care to guests, associates & visitors.
Include such things as, but not limited to
- Recruits, trains, and manages employees to deliver superior guest services and quality products that will lead to maximizing revenue and profitability goals.
- Creates and maintains customer-driven operations, empowering hotel staff to excel in superior customer care.
- Implements & manages the hotel's annual budget & long-term business plan. Achieves budgeted sales & maximum profitability.
- Creates new programs in response to market conditions and revenue opportunities.
- Protects the hotel's financial assets by properly administering policies and procedures for handling cash, credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions. Also, properly administers policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and employees and their belongings.
- Prepares monthly reports for owners.
- Ensures regular assessment and review of all hotel personnel by appropriate management staff. Coordinates internal training and development programs.
- Maintains a high personal visibility throughout the property and throughout the community.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel/Restaurant Mgmt or Business or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Minimum of five years of hotel management or supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Strong leadership and a professional image.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and aptitude for use of a variety of computer software applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand on feet for prolonged periods of time, to climb stairs, and to lift up to 40 lbs.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
To learn more about each hotel, visit the websites at:
Best Western Plus Holland House - www.bestwestern.com/hollandhouse
Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit - www.thelodgeonlakedetroit.com
Submit resume for application by clicking Apply now. Please specifiy which property you have the most interest in.
Please do not call hotel directly.