This job is no longer available
Trident Seafoods, Motley, MN currently has an opening for a Food Science Intern to support Operations and the Research & Development department with special projects. The position’s key responsibilities include:
· Participating in and conducting product and process development studies.
· Assisting in product evaluation, using analytical and/or physical testing equipment.
· Compiles and records testing data and charts for ingredient performance, production test information/ summary and on-going projects.
· Participates in sensory evaluations, product cuttings / presentations to various vendors and customer groups.
· Maintains laboratory equipment
· Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Candidates must be energetic, business savvy, charismatic, and possess a high level of integrity.
· Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge in food science, nutrition, labeling regulations, ingredients functionality and food processing preferred.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V