Mechanical Engineering Intern (Brainerd, MN)
The position’s key responsibilities include:
- Tests ability of machines to perform tasks.
- Researches and analyzes data, such as design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Studies industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
- Research, designs and tests products and systems to meet process requirements, applying knowledge of engineering and food safety principles.
- Alters or modifies design to obtain specified functional and operational performance of equipment and energies.
- Conducts experiments to test and analyze existing designs and equipment to obtain data on performance of product, and prepares reports.
- Assists in developing structural design of product, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Proficient inMicrosoft Office and Computer Aided Design (CAD).
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V