This job is no longer available
Greenspring Media Group, award-winning publisher of Minnesota Monthly, Midwest Home, Where, Meetings: Minnesota’s Hospitality Journal Magazine and other national and local publications, is seeking a detailed and motivated designer with strong project management skills to join our team as Ad Traffic/Designer.
Responsible for trafficking ads for all publications. Design ads, custom publications, special advertorial sections and promotional materials as assigned.
- Contact clients/agencies via email and phone to confirm ad specs and due dates
- Collect files from the advertisers; receiving all ads through production requests, disks, emails, ftp sites, etc.
- Document ad arrival; follow ad progress; ensure all ads are in house and ready to be placed in publications; document ad status on all ledgers; compare ads against pagination
- Create AD LEDGERS/REPORTS and keep them up to date (track missing ads, in production, problems, and ads needing approval).
- Primary contact for ad deadlines, ad extensions and ad specification questions.
- Design customer ads as required. Obtain client approvals.
- Design custom publications and special advertorial sections as assigned
- Design special projects as assigned, such as: promotional materials, media kits, circulation bind-ins, posters, etc.
- Collaborate with edit and/or marketing on creative direction of assigned books or sections. Works closely with manager for art direction and approvals.
- Possess a “can-do” attitude
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Familiar and comfortable with digital workflows
- Self-motivated, success driven individual with a proven track record
- Flexible. Ability to multi-task and meet conflicting priorities as well as successfully manage day-to-day tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Team player; ability to work with internal and external groups
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Adobe CS5.5 (InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop)
Education and Experience
Design and project management/traffic experience in a marketing, advertising or publishing company.
Please submit cover letter and salary requirements with resume. Also, a website link or PDFs to show your design capabilities at time of application.