This job is no longer available
Under general supervision of the Loan Document Imaging Team Lead, this position will perform the functions of prepping, scanning, indexing and quality control of loan documents. This includes operational activities needed for the short term Back Scanning Project. This position will adhere to service standards for the Loan Imaging function and perform all the daily functions related to loan document imaging. This position will assist the Team Lead with trouble shooting and resolving issues related to document image processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document preparation, scanning, indexing and quality control of any loan files and/or documents within the imaging pilot and temporary back scanning process.
- Provide professional, courteous and timely customer service to bank personnel during the on-going imaging activities throughout the pilot process and temporary back scanning process.
- Participate in prioritization and workflow decisions to ensure that imaging functions are completed in a timely manner.
- Follow timely document and image retention and destruction according to Anchor Bank’s approved retention schedule.
- Identify and report imaging issues to Team Lead to ensure timely, efficient and accurate resolution to processing errors to ensure consistent quality of output.
- Keep management and supervisors apprised of any operating problems or situations.
- Maintain clean and orderly general workspace and maintain and/or clean computer room equipment which includes but is not limited to printers and scanning equipment.
- Ensure adherence to applicable written procedures and processes.
- Ensure work is completed in an accurate and timely manner within the established deadlines each day.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Loan Document Imaging Team Lead.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of banking loan support or bank operations experience preferred.
- Experience with identification and understanding of loan documentation is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and to plan, prioritize, and organize work.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Experienced user of Jack Henry's SilverLake Banking Software, MS Word and Excel software applications preferred.
- Reliable and behaves in an ethical and honest manner when dealing with co-workers, managers and customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all bank records and customer transactions.
For more information about Anchor or to apply for this position, please visit go to our website by clicking on Apply now.
Anchor Bank is an EEO/AA employer.