This job is no longer available
Top Career Solutions has teamed with a leading automotive manufacturing company to hire an Engineering Manager. This candidate will oversee new product-development, product testing, and is involved in the development of strategic plans for the department.
- Responsible for the design of new products that satisfy all performance requirements and meet or exceed the required financial performance of PTI. In addition, responsible for the modification and improvement of existing products.
- Oversees all product testing/validation and makes professional judgments with respect to results.
- Leads cross-functional teams through all phases of product development and release.
- Responsible for maintaining and advancing technical relationships with customers and technical service suppliers.
- Works closely with all other departments within the company to ensure that product design meets their expectations. (i.e. reliability, aesthetics, customer requirements, regulatory requirements etc.)
- Keeps informed as to developments in competitive product offerings, and in material and manufacturing advancements as they apply to the company.
- Provides technical assistance, with respect to product application, to internal and external marketing representatives and customers.
- Provides direction & supervision to other departmental staff.
- Takes the lead role in the analysis and reporting of test and field failures. Defends the company against unjustified warranty claims where product failure is incorrectly attributed to defective material or manufacture.
- Responsible for departmental budgets and provides recommendations for capital expenditures.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Master’s preferred
· 7+ years experience in product design and development
· 3+ years of supervisory experience
· Automotive background is required