The Information Technology Distributed Computing Operations team is looking to hire an experienced WebSphere Administrator. The Distributed Computing Operations unit provides infrastructure and application support to various business lines and works with staff within the Federal Reserve System to troubleshoot and problem-solve middleware application issues.
- Provide 24x7 on-call administration and support for WebSphere infrastructure.
- Provide technical implementation expertise and support to development teams and assist in the maintenance and tuning of a complex WebSphere environment.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of all WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Administration and WebSphere Portal Server (WPS) technical elements.
- Work with business constituents and application developers to troubleshoot and resolve support issues in a timely manner as defined in Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Facilitate and implement infrastructure and application changes following all established process and procedures.
- Implement and maintain IBM WebSphere and other Middleware platforms.
- Assist in the design of security controls.
- Design and architect distributed computing platform, procedures, and standards.
- Perform Performance monitoring and tuning of WebSphere environment and systems management and application configurations, including code deployment.
- Provide consultation to local lines of business and assist them, as subject matter experts, with information technology decisions and implementations
- Evaluate and research new information technologies and, when appropriate, recommend the implementation of new technologies to management.
- Work with local and national lines of business to research, implement, and support information technology solutions.
- Develop and maintains project documentation.
- Create and update written documentation according to Federal Reserve project and information security standards.
- Provide management with written status reports for projects and tasks.
- Obtain and maintain certification in a job-related information technology discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; coursework in MIS and/or advanced IBM WebSphere certification is preferred.
- 6 or more years of experience supporting and administering distributed computing server applications and middleware (e.g., IBM WebSphere v6, 7; ColdFusion v 7, 8; WebLogic and Tomcat).
- Strong preference for candidates with significant experience in any of the following areas:
- Cold Fusion v7,8,
- J2EE applications packaging and deployment experience and application server infrastructure setup and scripting
- IBM WebSphere MQ
- Oracle Siebel CRM administration
- 2 or more years of technical project management experience.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience training and mentoring junior team members.
- Working knowledge of ITIL.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Excellent analytical, problem identification, and resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as an individual contributor.
- Position requires scheduled on-call rotation.
Excellent benefits include 4 weeks of annual vacation, 10 paid holidays, immediate eligibility in a matched 401(k) plan with 100% employer matching contribution on employee contributions up to 6% of salary, defined benefit retirement plan, medical, dental, short-term disability benefits, domestic partner benefits, tuition assistance, on-site fitness center. Casual business attire every day!
Interested applicants must apply on-line at www.minneapolisfed.org.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis is committed to equal opportunities for employees and job applicants alike, and to an environment where employees can work effectively with and value other employees for their differences.