This job is no longer available
Primary Objective Of Position:
Redesign all products to provide industry competitive performance. Identify R&D efforts to document critical product performance parameters including product field performance data. Reduce product CoGS by the assigned goal for all manufactured products. Create, manage and control all necessary product documentation such as design drawings, equipment specifications, purchasing and material specifications, and performance data. Store documentation in secure area and make select items available to sales and others. Manage ECO process and use it to control, communicate, and manage design changes. Train others in the company on equipment performance information available. Obtain and evaluate competitors products and learn from and improve our products to best compete. Manage customer service function to provide feedback to manufacturing and engineering. Use this feedback to drive improvements. Major Areas Of Accountability:
1) Mechanical Design - perform design work on all assigned projects achieving simplicity, ruggedness, and maximum performance.
2) Documentation - maintain complete, current, thorough documentation on all designs. Store documentation in secure area and make select items available to sales and others.
3) Manage ECO process and use it to control, communicate, and manage design changes.
4) Vendor relationship - effectively work with all current vendors and evaluate new vendors for potential use .
5) Perfect it - Redesign all products to provide industry competitive performance. Conduct product testing and evaluations to document product performance and evaluate new design ideas. Maintain and post R&D testing schedule for all to see. Redesign all products to provide industry competitive performance. Lead R&D efforts to document critical product performance parameters. Show evidence how your efforts directly contributed to improved product performance. Gather field data from select installations and use that data to publish performance reports, correct sizing calculations, and improve equipment design.
6) Cost reduction - lead effort to reduce CoGS by the assigned goal for all products while maintaining quality and performance. Show evidence of how your efforts directly contributed to these cost reductions.
7) Training - be a training leader teaching others within the company about engineering procedures used, documentation controls, and performance testing information. Teach others how to select products and configure equipment for applications.
8) Customer service - manage customer service function to provide feedback to manufacturing and engineering. Use this feedback to drive improvements.
9) Communicate verbally and in written form - clearly and professionally communicate technical and sales information to others within the company.
10) Knowledge of company systems and software - acquire working knowledge of company policies, procedures and software. Efficiently utilize these in the course of accomplishing other tasks.
11) Recommendations - Recommends methods, procedures, techniques and product changes as requested and/or appropriate.
12) Availability - available to participate in meetings and discussions related to company issues.
13) Apparent or assigned - performs related work as apparent or assigned.
* 4 year engineering degree
* 4 year design engineering experience
* Extensive experience with AutoCAD and Inventor
* 2 years supervision experience
* Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead others in an engineering capacity.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com.