RCM-Patient Account Specialist-Associate
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- Ability to effectively communicate as demonstrated through professional written and verbal skills with our patients
- Utilize professional communication skills in order to resolve patient balances
- Listen to patient concerns, attempt to reach a resolution
- Refer calls/accounts to the appropriate area at the facility if needed
- High school graduate
- Two years post high school education (AA degree preferred)
- Minimum 1-2 yrs patient account experience
- Plus 2 yrs call center experience preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- 2 yrs of call center/medical/insurance/collections experience
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Able to effectively communicate through professional written and verbal skills
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full-time: 40 hours/week
- Days: M-F
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA