Associate Policy and Planning Analyst
The University of Wisconsin-River Falls, a member of the University of Wisconsin System, is located 30 miles from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis-St. Paul in scenic west central Wisconsin. Year around arts, cultural and recreational events are easily accessible. UWRF’s 6, 900 undergraduate and graduate students pursue degrees in four colleges: Arts and Sciences; Education and Professional Studies; Agriculture, Food and Environmental Science; and Business and Economics. The University provides an excellent environment for learning, emphasizing the importance of faculty-student interaction in classrooms, laboratories, academic advising, and co-curricular activities. A favorable student-faculty ratio affords opportunity for meaningful interchange between faculty and students. Strong interests in teaching, research and community service are highly valued.
Associate Policy and Planning Analyst
Duties and Responsibilities and Percentage of Time:
- Develop data summaries to help document institutional performance 30%
- Work with university personnel to understand their data needs, determine how these requests can be met given the University’s data warehouse system and other data sources, and design reports to meet these needs 25%
- Develop queries to extract data from various information systems 5%
- Present reports to varied audiences 5%
- Manage the Institutional Research workload/data request log 10%
- Coordinate/oversee other people’s work 10%
- Serve as the UW-System Central Data Request liaison 5%
- nterface with the Division of Technology Services on Hyperion access and training 5%
- Maintain and upgrade professional expertise in computer applications, data analysis, and related abilities 5%
- Master’s degree (or equivalent years’ experience)
- Experience querying large complex databases
- Experience in writing reports
- SPSS/ Microsoft Excel experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with Hyperion (Brio), PeopleSoft, and Oracle database
- Experience working in higher education (or similar)
- Evidence of working productively in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Understanding of system analysis, design techniques and database management
- The salary range for this position, as determined by the UW System is $54, 314 - $81,470.
Online applications are required at: https://jobs.uwrf.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/ In addition to completing the required online application, candidates should submit through the online application site a resume, a letter of interest specifying qualifications and experience, unofficial transcripts and a separate statement addressing the applicant’s ability to contribute to the appreciation of inclusivity and diversity within the educational community. Provide the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references who can specifically comment on the applicant’s work experience and professional preparation. Finalists will be required to supply an example of a data report they have produced.
Inquiries should be addressed to:
Dr. Michael Miller, Search and Screen Committee Chair
Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Graduate Studies
The names of all nominees and applicants who have not requested confidentiality in writing, and identities of all finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be completed on final candidates.
Deadline to Apply: Fully completed applications will be reviewed upon arrival. For full consideration, applicants should submit all required materials by April 15, 2012
The University is committed to creating an educational community which enhances student awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnicities and cultures and which actively supports tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each person without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs. Awareness of and sensitivity to diverse ethnic and cultural heritages are especially sought in applicants. UW-River Falls is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer subject to all state and
federal regulations pertaining to non-discrimination based upon sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, arrest and/or conviction record, veteran status, and membership in the national guard, state defense force, or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or the State of Wisconsin. All persons, especially women, persons of color, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of your identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For a copy of UW-River Falls campus safety information see http://www.uwrf.edu/Police/CampusRecordsCrimes.cfm or call Public Safety at (715)425-3133 for a paper copy. This material includes crime statistics (Annual Security Report) and information on crime prevention, sexual assault and drug/alcohol issues.