CAD Drafter/Designer II or CAD Drafter...
This job has now expired
Metro Transit is one of the country's largest transit systems, providing roughly 95 percent of the 73 million bus trips taken annually in the Twin Cities. Each weekday customers board Metro Transit buses and trains an average of 240,000 times. The Hiawatha light rail division consists of a fleet of 27 light-rail cars. It operates on 12 miles of track serving 17 stations. The line operates between downtown Minneapolis, the airport, and ends at the largest shopping mall in America, the Mall of America.
We are seeking a CAD Drafter/ Designer II or a CAD Drafter/Designer III to create, update, modify and archive rail systems drawings and documents in compliance with Metro Transit standards and industry recommended practices. The incumbent in the position will create inventories and surveys of existing equipment to support continued maintenance and system modifications as well as assisting in systems designs.
The incumbent in this position must have an in depth understanding of and demonstrate competency with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software as well as Microsoft Office and PDF programs. This position will need a basic understanding of electrical system design to assist with system modification designs.
In this capacity, this position will be responsible for accurately drafting detailed design drawings, documents, surveys and materials lists to ensure continued system safety as well as developing the ability to generate complex circuit designs. Position will provide assistance to the Technical Services Specialists for Signals and Communications, as well as provide project support to systems maintenance management.
1. Creates design drawings for rail systems additions, deletions and modifications, design drawings will be completed consistent with Metro Transit standards as well as industry recommended practice to ensure revision control, reliability and maintainability.
2. Generates and archives systems in service drawing sets to incorporate modifications and corrections to ensure compliance with regulations as well as provide for system maintainability.
3. Assists with the design of new signal, communications and traction power projects consistent with Metro Transit standards and industry practices to ensure for safe and efficient project completion.
4. Creates inventories and studies of installed equipment or operations to support designs for systems projects.
5. Creates detailed material lists, purchase requests, and stock requests. Coordinates with purchasing and field personnel to ensure prompt availability of equipment.
6. Maintains inventories and manages updates for systems documents including drawings, manuals and specifications.
7. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Experience/ Education requirements:
Associate's degree, or a two year college or technical school certification from an accredited school.
2-3 years of experience in CAD Drafting/Design in the following areas: Electrical, Electronics, or Industrial Automation.
License Requirement: Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- CAD drawing software, specifically AutoCad and Microstation
- Basic electrical principles
- Electrical circuit design
- Industrial automation and control systems
- Programmable Logic controllers
- Basic mechanical design
- Ability to design, create and edit drawings in AutoCad and Microstation formats
- Word Processing ( Microsoft)
- General math skills calculate figure and amounts. Calculate and estimate dimensions, quantities, geometry, capacity, etc.
- Read, analyze, interpret technical documents. Communicate, both verbally and in writing, detailed technical concepts.
Plan/Grade: Non-Represented/Grade D (CAD Drafter/Designer II)
Non-Represented/Grade E ( CAD Drafter/Designer III)
FLSA: Non- Exempt
Safety Sensitive: No
Starting Salary for CAD Drafter/Designer II is $42,912 - $45,140
Starting Salary for CAD Drafter/Designer III is $46,141 - $48,538
Candidates will be referred to the hiring supervisor for consideration based on the results of the following assessment process:
Training and Experience rating
This position may require working in wet or hot, humid non-weather conditions, and in high precarious places up to two thirds (2/3) of the time. This position may also require up to one third (1/3) of the time, working in outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock. .
This position may require up to two thirds (2/3) of the time to standing, walking, talking or hearing using hands to finger, handle or feeling and reaching with hands and arms, lifting up to fifty pounds five (50) pounds. Two thirds (2/3) or more of time may be used to work near moving parts or equipment, in the presence of fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibrations.
Conditional Offers: All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check which includes verification of education, a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-employment or pre-transfer physical.
Convictions are not an automatic disqualification from the selection process. The Metropolitan Council considers felony, gross misdemeanor and misdemeanor convictions on a case by case basis. Convictions are reviewed based upon the relatedness of the conviction to duties of the position as well as a candidates' ability to demonstrate adequate rehabilitation.
Metropolitan Council employees who are applying for positions which are, Safety Sensitive, supervisory/managerial; are located in Finance, Information Services (IS), Human Resources; or have access to financial records, files/databases, cash, vouchers, transit fare cards will be required to pass a criminal background check.
Please note: Making false statement or withholding information (misrepresentation) may cause an applicant to be barred from consideration for the position.
The Metropolitan Council is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. If you have a disability that requires accommodation during the selection process, please notify human resources at 612-349-7558.
This posting will be open for application until we receive enough qualified candidates to consider. It may close at any time after Friday, October 26 at 4:30 p.m. without prior notification.