Buffalo Community Outreach / Community Health Improvement Coordinator
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
The purpose of the Buffalo Community Outreach Coordinator - ColoRectal Cancer Screening With Improved Shared Decision-Making (CRCS WISDM) position is to provide coordination of the community outreach components of the initiative. This initiative is a community health improvement partnership between the Allina Center for Healthcare Innovation, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota, Virginia Commonwealth University, and residents living and working in the Buffalo community. The purpose of this project it two-fold: 1) to increase colorectal cancer screening (CRCS) to ultimately reduce colorectal cancer incidence and mortality rates by implementing a community-wide campaign to promote CRCS, and 2) to implement and normalize shared decision making (SDM) in communities and primary care.
- Support Manager in day-to-day management and operations of the CRCS WISDM Initiative by attending CRCS WISDM-related activities.
- Provide support to internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Plan, coordinate and support community and corporate events related to the CRCS WISDM Initiative.
- Build and maintain relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders including, community members, community-based organizations, partners and Allina employees.
- Work as part of a team of community residents, organizations, and internal stakeholders to implement interventions and move the initiative forward.
- Attend community discussions and events related to the CRCS WISDM Initiative; make presentations as requested.
- Coordinate sharing relevant information to all community stakeholders.
- Engage and recruit Allina employee and community volunteers to support the initiative.
- Support development and implementation of communications plan and program outreach activities.
- Bachelors degree in public health or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience planning, implementing and coordinating community health improvement programs.
- Experience working with / in Buffalo community.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and support development and implementation of complex collaborative projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to support multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and translate between corporate and community culture.
- Well organized.
- Capacity to manage day to day tasks and details and understand how it relates to high level strategy.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- 20 hours per week
- Day shift
- Temporary position; projected length 2 years
Located 35 minutes from Minneapolis or St. Cloud, the city of Buffalo lies at the intersection of two major highways and on two major recreational lakes, Buffalo Lake and Lake Pulaski. Quality education is very important to Buffalo residents, and it's one of the reasons many young parents are attracted to the Buffalo area. During the past 15 years, Buffalo has experienced enormous growth and development. This community offers both residents and guests a perfect mixture of modern conveniences and small town life. Although much has changed, Buffalo has retained its quaint feel and charm of the past
- Located 35 miles Northwest of Minneapolis
- Population = 15,000
- Service Area = 123,500
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA