Senior Human Resources Advisor
Our client located in the south west metro has a direct hire opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Advisor/HR Business Partner. This position will pay $90K plus bonus depending on your skills and experience. The individual in this role works closely with and as part of a corporate Human Resources Team responsible for providing support and counsel across a wide spectrum of human resource related areas including employee relations and performance management; work permits and immigration; team/organizational development. This position is also a key link in providing overall HR support as it relates to US practices and procedures.
Acting as an HR Business Partner, this role provides guidance and advice to encourage actions and initiatives that support the vision and values of the Company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Travel, sometimes on short notice, to Corporate office in Canada. Travel can be expected to be a minimum of 25% of the time.
- Develops, implements and administers human resource policies and practices.
- Works with the managers/team leaders in a consulting role to resolve personal or employee relations issues, facilitate and support team development.
- As part of the overall HR team, engages with management in influencing corporate culture and assists in organizational design (OD) strategy and direction.
- Serves as HR corporate lead on specific initiatives/activities as identified (e.g. wellness, policies, etc.).
- Works closely with other HR staff in troubleshooting, providing advice, guidance and interpretation in all areas of HR.
- Keeps up-to-date of the latest changes, issues and trends impacting both the business environment affecting the Company and general HR.
- Ensures policy compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations in all US and Canadian jurisdictions in which the Company operates.
- Assists in and/or leads the planning, implementation, and administration of a variety of human resource programs specific to the U.S., including, compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol program and steward the Company's Substance Abuse policy (including the development and delivery of training to managers and employee-partners).
- Working collaboratively with the Team Leader, HR Services and other corporate HR supports (compensation, benefits, recruiting, etc.), ensures consistency and borderless/seamless programs where possible, taking the lead to identify issues and providing training/education to corporate HR staff on U.S. specific issues/impacts on corporate programs and initiatives.
- Determines immigration needs with managers and staff.
- Assists clients in obtaining cross-border travel and working visas.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with immigration counsel.
- Maintains accurate immigration files and records.
Required Education and Experience:
Progressively responsible experience as a strategic business partner and proven track record in developing and implementing human resource programs to add value to operational success, including but not limited to: employee relations and performance management;; training and development programs; employment law and related legal compliance requirements (e.g. COBRA, ERISA, EEO, FMLA, HIPPA, 401K, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree and/or Professional Human Resources designation combined with 7+ years of Human Resources experience working in a distributed, team based environment is preferred.
- Travel to the corporate office in Canada a minimum of once per month is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite of software and knowledge of HRIS/HRMS.
- Advanced knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Canadian federal employment law would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Team processes and ability to model, encourage and influence team behavior and decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written; demonstrated interpersonal skills in communicating company programs to employees and/or their families as well as in handling conflict and influencing outcomes.
- Self starter; ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced de-centralized environment.
To submit your resume for this position, please email it to email@example.com with HRTIS in the subject line or you may use the StarTribune application feature. Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your resume!