Community Health Programs Manager
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year. With 3,400 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital has earned a reputation for excellence in patient care and state-of-the-art facilities, including innovative programs such as the John Nasseff Heart Hospital and John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute.
United Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Lead day-to-day management of United Hospital's Community benefit and community health work, including developing and leading work plans, staff, programs, community health non-provider contracts, evaluating and reporting on program activities and outcomes, and communicating program progress and results.
- Implement Community benefit initiatives and programs that are consistent with identifies Allina Community Benefit and Community Engagement Strategies.
- Gather, synthesize, and report data used in United Hospital''s Community Benefit CBISA database as well as in the hospital's community health needs assessment and similar work and developing goals, progress measurements, reports, and communications regarding this work.
- Responsible for quarterly tracking and reporting on Community Benefit data into CBISA, as well as periodic training / mentoring and leading activities of CB reporters throughout United Hospital.
- Provided community benefit and community engagement technical assistance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in system-wide East Metro Community Engagement team and hospital-based committees to provide guidance as Allina develops strategies and initiatives to meet Community Engagement goals.
- Participate in community-based meetings, committees, workgroups, taskforces and coalitions that correlate with Allina's Community Benefit and Community Engagement strategies and goals.
- Work with East Metro Community Engagement lead to develop and enhance community relationships and build partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Manage United Hospital's employee volunteerism efforts and internal volunteerism network team, including training, education, and communications to employees about volunteerism opportunities; assist in coordinating volunteer participation opportunities, supplies and materials.
- Assist in providing periodic regional training for Allina.VolunteerMatch.com.
- Coordinate Community Engagement activities with Allina system office to promote volunteerism and community health improvement work in the community.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in health-related, public health and / or community relations field; an equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in public health, community health improvement, community relations, communications and / or project management.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, implement and manage complex projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a complex organization to achieve a common goal.
- Outstanding written and oral presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Self-motivate, solutions - oriented leader.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to anticipate needs, and to juggle a wide range of ongoing tasks and short-term requests in support of the organizations' overall goals and objectives.
- Previous experience managing a health improvement and volunteer programs preferred.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time (20 hours per week).
- Day shift.
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA