Senior Fitness Coordinator (Shoreview YMCA)
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of people and communities.
As the nation's leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job--we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
At the Y, you can discover your passion and a lifelong career helping to solve some of the nation's most pressing social issues.
We are very excited to announce that the Shoreview YMCA has an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Fitness Coordinator to join our team!
The Senior Fitness Coordinator provides daily direction and supervision for various fitness programs. They have the authority to act independently and within guidelines in matters of staff hiring, training, and supervision.
This is a shared position between the Shoreview and Lino Lakes YMCA.
- Assist Director in planning, coordinating and promoting fitness programs and/or classes.
- Act independently and within guidelines in recruiting, hiring, training, and supervision of part-time staff. ·
- In the absence of the Fitness Director, supervise the fitness department and activities.
- Provide quality customer service to members, volunteers, and participants.
- Assist the Director with budget development and management.
- Work hands-on in program, as needed.
Qualifications - Required
- Education and/or equivalent knowledge relating to fitness, exercise physiology, or health and wellness.
- Minimum one year of management experience. ·
- Minimum of one year experience working in Health and Fitness programs.
- Excellent organization, communication, and administration skills.
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate paid and volunteer staff.
- CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (within 30 days of hire).
- National Fitness Certification.
- Attend YMCA Healthy Lifestyles within 90 days of hire.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in Health and Science or related field. ·
- National Fitness Certification in Group Fitness and Personal Training.
- Must be able to conduct classes and all activities relating to fitness.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply by 04/30/2012 for first consideration.