This job is no longer available
The Java Application Administrator is responsible for deploying and administrating Java applications; selected aspects of enterprise level Solaris systems administration, including: support, troubleshooting, installation, preparation of production, staging, QA and development server environments, configuration, deployment, and monitoring; providing 2nd level technical support troubleshooting and problem solving for Technical Support Analysts, and engages vendor support as necessary.
- Responsible for taking First Responder (24/7 on-call) shifts on a regular rotation.
- Responsible for 24/7 on-call problem resolution in their areas of system expertise, and authority to escalate as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and perform Root Cause Analysis of complex end user and server problems.
- Manage Service and Problem tickets within established SLAs.
- Own and modify as appropriate system configuration settings; set best practices and maintenance regime for assigned systems, based on Senior Systems Administrator and vendor recommendations, experience, and business needs.
- Act as a consultant to smaller IT projects on hardware and system configuration.
- Maintain configuration and automation required for building production, QA and development environments. Ensure and maintain quality of non-production environments.
- Ensure proper backup coverage and monitor backup quality.
- Use development tools and languages as necessary to efficiently support and troubleshoot systems.
- Recommend, request, and tune system monitoring.
- Enforce/apply security policy.
- Document all assigned systems. Regularly maintain First Responder scripts and re-train team on First Response procedures for assigned systems.
- Learn and apply new systems and system administration techniques and tasks.
- Associates degree in information technology discipline required (Bachelor’s degree preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years minimum production Unix systems administration experience.
- Strong customer service and communication skills required.
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems issues strongly preferred.
-- Experience administering web server (WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, etc) applications hosted on Unix.
- Experience installing and maintaining Liferay Portal, GlassFish, PHP, Python, Django a plus.
- Experience working with educational organizations and/or educational technologies a plus.
How to apply:
Go to http://www.capella.edu/careers and click on Search & Apply. Click on the job title and then Apply Now to begin your online application.