Mechanical Engineer/Sr. Mechanical Engineer
- This engineer will work in Hysitron’s Sustaining Engineering Department with a team of highly motivated engineers and technicians while interfacing with R&D, Manufacturing and Marketing.
- Provide technical engineering leadership of mechanical systems development from investigation and concept development through design and release to production.
- Emphasis will be on managing and extending existing product lines; developing new designs focused on automation, thermally stable vibration resistant fixtures and mechanical structures.
- Responsibilities encompass diverse mechanical aspects of product development, design for manufacturing, manufacturing support, and standards compliance.
- The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter who is quick to learn new technologies
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering with 5-12 years hands on design and project lead experience
- Strong background in automation design – especially in the semi conductor or similar high volume manufacturing, SEMI standards as well as high temperature equipment and instrumentation
- Precision automation and tool design background with high performance materials
- Expert knowledge in GD&T & ASME Y14.5M standards.
- Experienced project lead with proven ability to deliver projects on time and under budget
- Adept at using Solidworks and Cosmos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interface with a diverse workforce and wide variety of suppliers
- Familiar with machine shop and machining process capabilities
- History of success in a rapidly changing work environment
- Familiarity with scanning probe microscopes, capacitive transducers, piezo actuators, linear motion systems, and optics is a plus
Hysitron Inc. is a premier scientific instrument manufacturer. Founded in 1992 with headquarters in Eden Prairie, we are committed to promoting nanotechnology by developing advanced transducer and control technology. This leadership has made Hysitron the world leader in nanomechanical test instruments. The Triboscope®, Triboindenter®, Ubi and other Hysitron innovations have opened new horizons for scientists interested in investigating and understanding mechanical properties of materials at nanoscale. Hysitron fosters and environment and culture where innovation flourishes, teamwork is encouraged, and superior performance is rewarded. Hysitron invites applications for this position from those aspiring to explore and succeed in the nano-world.
Application and Information
Qualified candidates should send a letter of application and their resume and contact information for three references to :
Hysitron Inc, Attn HR
9625 West 76th Street
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Click apply now to email resume