At Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, doing what is right for all children and their families is what sets us apart. We provide top-quality pediatric care with a family-centered focus. We are one of the largest children’s health care organizations in the upper-Midwest, and we offer an exceptional workplace where you can thrive on new challenges. At Children’s of Minnesota, it’s the caring -- for kids -- that makes the biggest difference in your career and in your life.
Serving as Minnesota's Children’s HospitalSM since 1924, we provide 340 staffed beds at our two hospital campuses in St. Paul and Minneapolis. An independent, not-for-profit health care system, Children’s provides care through more than 12,000 inpatient visits and more than 200,000 emergency room and other outpatient visits each year.
The Surgery department provides surgical services to treat multiple issues from dental/oral to urologic conditions on an inpatient and outpatient basis. They assist in providing a pre-surgery program for patients, their siblings, and their parents which includes a tour of the hospital and a discussion on how the family can prepare for the upcoming hospital visit.
The Surgical Technologist is an integral member of the patient care team. The surgical technologist provides highly skilled intra-operative technical expertise and care for the surgical patient through planning and implementation of the needs of the surgical procedure. The wide variety of skills include; assisting the surgeon, set up and scrub all surgical procedures, and may specialize in a specific field such as cardiac or neurological surgery, or in addition a laser specialist, participates in specialty procedures outside the operating room. Functions as a call team member for all emergency procedures. The surgical technologist operates as the sterile team member on all surgical procedures. Responsible for aseptic technique and maintaining a sterile field while constantly anticipating surgeons’ needs. Utilizes knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology to anticipate the patients and surgeons needs before they arise to attain the best outcome for the patient and keeping surgical time to a minimum. The expertise of the Surgical Technologist provides the safest delivery of high quality care for the surgical patient.
- Apply understanding of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology to assisting surgeons with surgical procedures
- Proficient in the application of sterile technique in all aspects of patient care
- Competent in the use of surgical instruments, supplies and equipment to provide patient care, with the ability to trouble-shoot malfunctions as they arise
- Function as preceptor/mentor to the scrub role for new surgical technologists and registered nurses
- Communicates effectively as a team member, works collaboratively with the surgical team of physicians, nurses and anesthesia team
- Graduate of a surgical technology program
- Surgical Technologist certification preferred but not required
- BLS certified minimum 2 years current OR experience
For immediate consideration, please use the Apply Now button to apply online.
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Children's also participates in E-Verify.