Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Claims Support will perform a variety of support functions for the Claims Department including: sort and count incoming mail; scan documents and various other UCare correspondence for a variety of departments into the imaging system including Enrollment applications and claims.. File claims; retrieve claims; enter claims, correspondence, Enrollment applications, documents. Mail EOBs, EOPs and DTR explanation letters. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Sort incoming UCare mail according to department-specified sort criteria.
- Count and file specified claim types that are not scanned prior to payment.
- Sort, scan and prep Enrollment applications including performing the BEQ lookup for the Enrollment area.
- Scan claims in preparation for entry into the claim system. Re-scan claims that are unable to be entered and back-scan claims that were entered into the claim system directly from paper
- Work with Formowrks application to move and assign work to correct department work queues. Editing unreadable documents and faxes..
- File scanned Enrollment applications, claims and correspondence. Retrieve scanned/paper Enrollment applications or claims as needed.
- Compile and prepare for mailing member letters, provider explanations of payment and other Claim Department correspondence.
- Scan other department’s documents into work queues.
- Perform data entry functions.
- Doc triage documents not suited for Formworks application such as faxes and Enrollment applications, and claim adjustments.
- Enter DTR letters/Claims in Amisys accurate and timely.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. One year of general business office experience required, preferably in a healthcare environment. PC or other computer system experience is preferred. Familiarity with medical claims is preferred.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.