Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota’s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We’re an organization that’s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Working as the Health Care AnalyticsPrincipal Analyst in our Health Care Economics department, you will develop complex health care analytics; analyze data and develop reporting for utilization management, build and maintain provider profiling and outcome development management. This position is also responsible for representing Health Care Analytics in meetings and work groups pertaining to analytic, clinical, and quality initiatives.
- Provide complex reporting packages designed to identify areas of opportunity for Network Management, Disease Management, and Quality Improvement
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of utilization reporting and analysis to user departments to assist in meeting strategic and departmental goals. Design and implementation of new analysis and reporting to support UCare clinical leadership.
- Identify and develop new analytics that use ACG, ETG, and other predictive modeling tools to evaluate efficiency and opportunity.
- Participate in the planning and development of new reporting and analytics within UCare’s data warehouse.
- Represent the Health Care Analytics department at work group meetings.
- Provide ad hoc analyses upon request to support user departments related to specific projects or information requests.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of data structure within the core claim system, including membership, claims, providers, authorizations and product lines.
A BA/BS with an emphasis in Informatics, Economics, Statistics, or related field is required. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Our preferred candidate will have at least six years of progressive experience in health care data analysis with the ability to complete complex analytics from empirically identifying analytic need and defining specifications, to packaging reporting solutions and presenting findings. Advanced SQL and Microsoft Access experience is required. SAS experience is preferred. Experience using Business Objects, ACG and ETG is a plus.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis—just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.