Director, Spiritual Care and Pastoral Education
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
Administer spiritual care services in metro hospitals (directly at ANW and through Chaplain Managers at other metro hospitals).
- Develop and implement a shared vision for Allina Spiritual Care and Pastoral Education
- Assure high quality 24/7 spiritual care coverage of all metro hospital pt care units, EDs, and several outpatient clinics
- Budget preparation and oversight
- Program development
- CQI oversight at each site and for overall department
- Provide spiritual care on call backup at ANW
Create a collaborative work environment that attracts and retains highly qualified spiritual care staff.
- Personnel selection and evaluation
- Assure high level of employee engagement among all department staff
- Foster best practice through learning and development
- Encourage loyalty and retainment of staff
Leadership of Allina Clinical Pastoral Education Center (Metro hospitals and St. Francis RMC)
- Develop and maintain nationally recongnized, high quality CPE center and programming
- Assure continues ACPE accreditation
- Develop opportunities within Allina and broader community for additional CPE programming
Coordinate and supervise CPE intern and residency programs of clinical pastoral education at ANW
- Recruit, select students
- Develop curriculum
- Provide individual and group supervision
- Maintain certification with the ACPE through continuing ed and ACPE involvement
- Baccalaureate Degree; Master of Divinity
- Supervisor with the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education and/or Board Certified with the Association of Professional Chaplains
- Health care ministry manager in acute health care setting (5-7 years min.)
- Pastoral experience in parish and/or health care (3 Yrs)
- Clinical pastoral education supervision (3 yrs)
- Ethics Committee (3yrs) preferred
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full Time Position (40 Hours/Week)
- Day Shift
- Work Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA