Enterprise Data Architect
This job has now expired
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Hospitals & Clinics, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- We are looking for enthusiastic, pragmatic, flexible, and teachable professionals to fill our entry-level Associate Data Architect job opening on our Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team.
- The Data Architect role on Allina’s EDW team is a generalist role and is responsible for taking data warehousing projects from start to finish (including requirements, architecture, project management, and ETL).
- The Associate Data Architect position:
- Prepares simple specifications, designs, data models and diagrams from which databases can be developed.
- Troubleshoots simple incidents surrounding supported database.
- Assists other data architects in the following areas: analysis, design & implementation of logical data models; physical database objects; data conversion, integration, and loading processes; query and reporting functions; data management and governance; and data quality assurance processes for the EDW.
- Participates in database design sessions in the company of business customers and peer designers.
- Develops routine Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) applications.
- BS / BA in computer science, information technology, business or related field.
- Possess a strong sense of customer service and consistently and effectively addresses customer needs.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable interacting with colleagues at various levels or the organization.
- Basic understanding of data and database architecture principles.
- Basic understanding Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Basic understanding of database management systems.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- 40 hours per week.
- Day shifts
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Hospitals & Clinics is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA