This job is no longer available
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm (in terms of 2010 revenue). The Company has approximately 31,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting.
Our Asset Services group transforms assets into opportunities by providing measurable results in property management, leasing, tenant relations, project and construction management, technical services, risk management, purchasing, energy management and financial reporting. For more information please visit our website at www.cbre.com/clientaccounting.
The Senior Accountant works independently with minimal supervision to prepare and oversee all aspects of the financial reporting to clients for an assigned portfolio of projects. Main responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare financial statement package
- Prepare various financial reports (balance sheet, profit and loss statement, income and expense variance reports)
- Accurately create and post journal entries
- Record complex business transactions in the general ledger and prepare and/or review bank reconciliations for various accounts
- Verify accuracy of rent roll information and ensure all tenant billings and lease changes are entered in a timely manner
- Close month-end accounting books
- Prepare monthly management fee calculations and verifies compliance with management agreement.
- Assist with annual budget process including reviewing, evaluating and advising as needed as to the portfolio's financial status.
The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for communicating requests for additional services from the client and the field to the management team and understands the scope of accounting services for the properties in the portfolio.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years related job experience w/degree 4+ years related job experience w/o degree
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents
- Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles
- Ability to make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department and/or large groups of employees. Ability to inspire employees to take desired action
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or clients
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures (percentages, discounts, commissions, CPI calcs etc.)
- Understands and monitors the impact of decisions on other functional areas
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; demonstrates appropriate business etiquette
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and an openness to new ideas and procedures
- Intermediate proficiency in PC based software. (i.e. Microsoft Office)